If I say, Porcelain tiles are a spin-off of ceramic tiles I won’t be wrong. These tiles are in high demand nowadays, and you will see that many households have installed Porcelain Tile Flooring in their homes. One cause for the rise in their popularity can be attributed to the different variety of designs that are available; this means that there is a tile that will match any room’s color and design. These tiles also look good and without a doubt, add beauty to your house.
In this article, we will examine the pros and cons of porcelain tiles and then jump to a conclusion based on the principle of rationality.
There are many benefits to a porcelain tile. However, the major benefits are listed below:
- The main advantage of these tiles is that they are very tough and extremely resistant to different natural and artificial challenges. You can drive a car on these tiles, and there won’t be any crack at all.
- These tiles are available in a variety of designs which gives lots of choices and buying those tiles that suit your room or house.
- Let’s be honest about it, Porcelain Tile Floorings are always a level above other types of floors regarding looks. They naturally add to the beauty of the house.
Like everything in this world, porcelain tiles aren’t flawless, and they have their shortcomings. The main disadvantages are as follows:
- Porcelain Tiles cost more than normal tiles. This is because the Porcelain makes it heavy than normal tiles. Since it is heavy, the cost of installing and cutting it is more than conventional tiles.
- Unlike normal tiles, Porcelain tiles won’t hold up well with normal adhesives. You will need a much stronger adhesive, or the tiles will come out repeatedly. Therefore, it is not easy to install.
- Porcelain tiles get weaker when exposed to chlorine or other acids.
The Porcelain tiles have a fair share of pros and cons. However, through a closer look, you can see that the benefits of Porcelain tiles are much greater than its disadvantages. Hence, according to the principles of rationality, it can be concluded that buying Porcelain tiles for the floor is not a bad idea, and you will see that it will undoubtedly increase the value of your house or workspace.